services>trade mark registration> European Union
Search: US$450(1) Per mark
(2) Covers all Class Codes
(3) Search results returned back by e-mail within 7 days
(4) Full availability search on: Community (CTM) data base and WIPO database
(5) Individual Country Databases for: Austria, Belgium & Luxembourg (Benelux), Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Registration: US$650(1) Per mark
(2) Covers 1-3 class codes
(3) Prepared and submitted within 1-2 weeks
(4) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(5) Monthly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
Domestic Representative / Power of Attorney Fees: US$700
(1) For 1-3 class codes (at the same price)
(2) A lawyer is required to act as domestic representative for EU marks.
(3) No legal advice or opinions are provided
Government Filing Fees: US$1,350Per each set of 1-3 class codes (at the same price), payable to the OHIM (we do so on your behalf).
Title Services: US$1,300There is an additional fee to complete the registration process once your trademark registration has been approved. At this time it is approximately $1,300 for each 1-3 class code (at the same price).
Summary of Fees$450 Search
$1,350 Registration & Domestic Rep Fee
$1,350 OHIM Fee
US$3,150 (+ US$1,300 due at the END of the process = US$4,450)
Required Documents & Services1. A power of attorney signed by the applicant, indicating the full name and position of the signatory.
2. The particulars of the applicant.
3. Prints of the mark.
4. A list of goods and/or services and the classes pertaining thereto.
-- Translation of foreign terms is required
Other Interesting FactsThe OHIM (Office of Harmonization in the Internal Market) started accepting Community Trademarks (CTMs) in 1994.
A national trademark owner (in any 1 of the 15 EU member countries) may oppose the registration a CTM application which will stop the application completely in the entire European Community.
How Long Is My Registered Trademark Valid ?10 years but non-use for 5 years will make the mark vulnerable.